Sunday sees our first home game of the Scottish Premiership season against newly promoted Dundee. Two newly promoted teams in our first two games. Easy peasy!! Dundee played 4-3-3 against St Mirren last week and have been playing this formation for the most part in their games so far this season, although they have played 3 at the back at times. However although they lined up 4-3-3 last week they changed to a 4-4-2 after 58mins.
Last week they lined up as below with average positions opposite. (For McGhee average position is based on his game time at centre back only);
- 1 Legzdins
- 16 Elliott, 14 Ashcroft, 6 McGhee and 3 Marshall
- 24 Anderson, 19 Robertson and 26 Adam
- 18 McMullan, 9 Mullen and 10 McGowan
- Cummings came on for Mullen after 17 minutes
- Sweeney came on for Elliott after 39 minutes with Sweeney going to centre back and McGhee going to right back
- Sheridan came on for Robertson after 58 minutes and that's when they went to a 4-4-2 with ex-Celt Sheridan going up front with Cumming.
- Anderson was then sent off after 69 minutes.
Mullen is likely to be out injured for the game against us and Robertson is suspended. Cummings and McDaid could be the likely replacements to the starting line up. My guess on what Ange's team will be is; - Hart - Ralston, Bitton, Starfelt and Taylor - Rogic, Soro and McGregor - Abada, Furuhashi and Forrest With Rogic for Turnbull the only change.
Dundee have played 4 games this season winning 3 of them and leading in 46% of the minutes played. Against St Mirren last week they gave away 2.43 xGA although they were down to 10 men. Their xG was 1.12 with 0.76 of that coming from Cummings. Paul McMullan was their highest rating player last week with 7.73. Someone they signed from their Dundee neighbours on a free.
Match probabilities; - Celtic 76%
- Dundee 8% - Draw 16% My prediction is confidence boosting 6-0 to Celtic with a Furuhashi hat-trick and one each from Forrest, Abada and Christie.