Match Preview (Real Betis v Celtic)
Match probabilities are 15% for Celtic (our lowest of the season), Real Betis 63% and 22% the draw.
Real Betis line up as opposite with the % of minutes played last season next to their name.
Their best two players are the ones that played the most minutes last year with Fekir playing 2,622 minutes in La Liga (86%) and Canales playing 2,498 minutes (82%).
- In goals ex Man City and Barcelona keeper Bravo comes in for his first start of the season.
- Right back Montoya (ex Brighton) never played on Monday versus Granada and only played 239 minutes last year.
- Gonzalez was on loan to Real Oviedo last year and had 38 appearances for them scoring 3 goals. He wasn't playing on Monday either.
- Ruiz played 70% of the minutes last year and he has played in all 4 La Liga games this year, including Monday evening.
- Miranda at left back has played 2 of the 4 league games this year and he was also not playing on Monday evening.
- Mexican Guardado who they signed from PSV Eindhoven similarly has played 2 of the 4 league games and didn't play on Monday.
- Canales also rested on Monday has played 3 league games this year but played wide left in their second last game.
- 40 year old Joaquin comes in for his first start of the season
- French national Fekir has played all 4 league games this season.
- ex Southampton player Juanmi only played 609 minutes last year and has played 2 of the 4 games this season. One of those games he played wide left (as he is tonight) and the other game he played centre forward.
- Iglesias has played 3 of the 4 league games this year although he did play on Monday evening.
Overall only 3 players playing who played on Monday, Ruiz, Fekir and Iglesias.
Real Betis won their first game of the season on Monday (away to Granada) as they won 2-1 with Rodri and Canales scoring.
Previous to this the lost 1-0 to Real Madrid at home, drew 1-1 at home to Cadiz and drew 1-1 away to Mallorca in the season opener.
Real Betis ELO rating is 38 which is higher than Rangers at 70 and AZ Alkmaar at 72 so our toughest challenge yet.
Their average positions from Monday's game is opposite to give you an idea of their formation and how their 4-2-3-1 works.
8 Fekir actually ended up with an average position further forward than striker 9 Iglesias.
Stats from Monday were;
- Granada xG 0.76, Real Betis xG 2.16
- Accurate Passes 281 v 411
- Accuracy 78% v 84%
- Player ratings Rodriguez 8.76, Canales 8.02
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️
If you would like to read more content similar to the above then please follow Celtic Trends on Twitter @Tony_McLaughlin and enable notifications for all Celtic Trends tweets.
If you like the content then please like, retweet and share with friends please.