(Kyogo 52 and 72)
Before kick off our probabilities of winning the game were 65%, a defeat 14% and draw 21%.
Our team line up was;
- 15 Hart
- 88 Juranovic, 20 Carter-Vickers, 4 Starfelt and 3 Taylor
- 18 Rogic, 42 McGregor and 14 Turnbull
- 11 Abada, Kyogo 8 and 19 Johnston
Ralston, Scales, Bitton and Montgomery dropping to the bench to be replaced by Taylor, Rogic, Johnston and Kyogo.
Bitton, Ralston, Scales and Moffat came on as subs for Turnbull, Taylor, Kyogo and Johnston.
Bain, Montgomery, Welsh, McCarthy and Shaw were unused subs.
- Possession 66% Celtic v Hibernian 34%
- Shots (on target%) 17 (24%) Celtic v Hibernian 7 (43%)
- Blocked shots 8 Celtic v Hibernian 0
- Corners 10 Celtic v Hibernian 1
- Accurate Passes 379 Celtic v Hibernian 139
- Passing Accuracy 80% Celtic v Hibernian 59%
- Crosses (successful%) 20 (15%) Celtic v Hibernian 18 (22%)
- Tackles accuracy 72% Celtic v Hibernian 45%
Looking below at Kyogo's touch map he had 19 touches but importantly 42% of them were in the box.
Against Ross County Abada had only 4 touches in the box (16% of his total). Turnbull had only 4 box touches when he played as a false 9 at home to Motherwell and this was (6% of his total).
Kyogo showing his ability to be very effective with his touches and through in there was also 2 goals scored from 3 touches of the ball it was a truly fantastic performance from a half fit player.
Kyogo's effectiveness and calculated contribution was even more important given the lack of chance creation from Celtic in the game.
Celtic's xG was only 0.91 and it has only lower than this on 2 occasions over the last year and a half. Against Hibernian at home (the post Dubai game) and that dreadful game at home to Rangers in October 2019 (where Celtic had some COVID absentees again).
The 0.91 xG was our joint lowest of this season along with the Livingston away game.
In regards to xG another significant observation is that it was the only team this season (domestically) that Celtic's xGD has been a negative variance.
The joint lowest xG of the season alongside the lowest xGA (by far) of the season at 2.11 contributed to the 1.2 xGD negative variance.
*xG figures from FOTMOB except for League Cup games which come from widely reported Wyscout figures.
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️