Celtic 3 xG 1.88 (Jota 26, Abada 40 & Turnbull 47) Raith Rovers 0 xG 0.50
There are not a lot of stats available for non-league games.
Celtic starting line up was;
- Hart started his 12th game for Celtic.
- Juranovic had played the previous 4 games for Celtic since signing but for this game he was on the bench with Ralston preferred at right back.
- Carter-Vickers started his 4th match in a row
- Starfelt came back in for Welsh.
- Montgomery was given the nod at left back despite Bolingoli being given the preference last week. This was Montgomery's first start at left back this season despite coming on for Taylor on 4 previous occasions.
- McCarthy got his 2nd start in a row.
- Turnbull and Rogic were paired in midfield again for the 5th time in 6 matches.
- Jota started his 3rd game for Celtic and an ever present since he signed.
- Abada started his 11th game for Celtic and has never been on the bench yet as has started every game he has been fit for.
- Ajeti started his 5th game in a row.
Juranovic and Scales came on after 61 minutes for Abada and Ajeti.
Juranovic took Abada's position wide right forward while Scales went to left back, Montgomery pushed forward to wide left forward and Jota moved in one to centre forward to replace Ajeti.
After 69 minutes Bitton and Soro came on for McCarthy and Rogic in a like for like swap.
Bitton as No.6, Soro as a No.8 and Juranovic playing in front of Ralston were 3 things that many fans have asked for as a thought and it was interesting to see Ange try this as well as getting a first glimpse of Scales at left back.
Soro as a No.8 has been discussed due to the lack of defensive skills in our first choice midfield 3 and it was interesting to see him played there. Previously when McGregor or McCarthy have been on the pitch at the same time Soro has been the one chosen to play the No.6 role.
Bitton as a No.6 was also interesting to see as he played this role effectively under Brendan Rodgers time and he does have the skills to play there in an Ange system and offers more defensive cover than McGregor does. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a midfield 3 of Bitton, McGregor and Turnbull especially against the better teams.
Our 15 shots at goal versus Raith was our 2nd lowest domestically this season with the lowest being against Rangers.
Our possession of 69% was our 2nd lowest domestically this season as well with again the lowest being against Rangers.
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️ If you would like to read more content similar to the above then please follow Celtic Trends on Twitter @Tony_McLaughlin and enable notifications for all Celtic Trends tweets. If you like the content then please like, retweet and share with friends please. www.CelticTrends.com https://twitter.com/Tony_McLaughlin https://www.facebook.com/CelticTrends Tony@CelticTrends.com