Aberdeen have played 14 games this season winning 5, drawing 2 and losing 7. They have not won in their last 8 games, drawing 2 and losing 6.
They have a very good squad on paper but similar to our journey it is a bit of a rebuilding job for Stephen Glass at the moment and it is questioned whether some of the players fir the style of play and system they are trying to play.
Their average player positions for their last two league games are below.
They had a 4-4-2 against St Johnstone but then reverted to a 4-2-3-1 versus St Mirren.
The goalkeeper and back four remained the same for both games with;
- Joe Lewis in goals
- Calvin Ramsay at right back
- ex-Rangers player David Bates at right centre back
- ex-Rangers player Ross McCrorie at left centre back
- Jack MacKenzie at left back
The two central midfielders have been;
- our very own Scott Brown
- and son of an ex-Rangers player Lewis Ferguson
Against St Johnstone the two wide midfielders were;
- Funso Ojo wide right
- Austin Samuels wide left and you can see from the position map he play high up
Against St Mirren the three attacking midfielders were;
- Ryan Hedges on the right
- Teddy Jenks in the centre and he is suspended for this game after being sent off versus St Mirren
- our very own Johnny Hayes on the left
Up front was;
- Christian Ramirez himself against St Mirren
- and Ramirez alongside Jay Emmanuel-Thomas against St Johnstone
Although looking at the average positions you could argue it was a 4-2-3-1 against St Johnstone as well.
Subs used against St Johnstone were Johnny Hayes, Niall McGinn and Declan Gallagher and subs used against St Mirren were Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Austin Samuels.
On average match ratings their best rated players are Calvin Ramsay, the injured Andrew Considine and the other full back Jack MacKenzie.
Their last 8 games are below;
- Lost 2-1 to Raith Rovers in the League Cup
- Lost 1-0 to Qarabag in the Europa Conference League with 39% possession and 1 shot on target
- Drew 1-1 away to Hearts in the league with 54% possession, 78% passing accuracy, 4 shots on target, an xG of 0.84 and an xGA of 1.4
- Lost 3-1 at home to Qarabag in the 2nd leg of the Europa Conference League with 50% possession and 7 shots on target
- Drew 1-1 at home to Ross County in the league with 75% possession, 86% passing accuracy, 5 shots on target, an xG of 3.34 and an xGA of 1.06
- Lost 2-0 away to Motherwell in the league with 74% possession, 85% passing accuracy, 7 shots on target, an xG of 1.01 and an xGA of 1.3
- Lost 1-0 at home to St Johnstone in the league with 66% possession, 79% passing accuracy, 3 shots on target, an xG of 0.53 and an xGA of 0.36
- Lost 3-2 away to St Mirren in the league with 48% possession, 70% passing accuracy, 3 shots on target, an xG of 1.29 and an xGA of 1.26
In our last away game we came up against a Livingston side that couldn't buy a win and now we face Aberdeen who are in a similar way.
Match probabilities are;
- Celtic 60%
- Aberdeen 16%
- a draw 24%
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️ I
f you would like to read more content similar to the above then please follow Celtic Trends on Twitter @Tony_McLaughlin and enable notifications for all Celtic Trends tweets.
If you like the content then please like, retweet and share with friends please.