Preview (Celtic v Aberdeen)
Updated: Nov 29, 2021
Aberdeen are 8th in the SPFL with 15pts from 14 games winning only 4 league games all season. They have lost their last two league games (at home to Motherwell and away to Dundee Utd).
Below is a graph on 6 game rolling average of NP xG and NP xGA including last season and this season so far for Aberdeen.
You can see a big decline in NP xG and also an increase in NP xGA. Aberdeen have had a 6 game average NP xG lower than 1 for five games in a row now. They had a spell in December last year when they had 6 games in a row where their 6 game average was below 1 and the only other time outwith this was the first 6 games of last season. Their current 6 game average for NP xG is 0.93.
Their NP xGD is currently +0.12 but the previous four games were in a negative and that's the only time over the last two seasons they have had four games in a row with a negative NP xGD. December last year had a three game run of negative NP xGD.
In contrast below is Celtic's graph.
Last season our year average was 1.84 and we were above 2 (as a 6 game average) nine times. Only three times with an average over 2.25 and the highest being 2.38.
This season our average is 2.8 and we have never been below 2 at all. In fact only three times below 2.25 with our highest being 3.55.
Last year our NP xGA average was 0.89 for the season and it has reduced to 0.63 this season.
Therefore creating a changed in NP xGD from 0.95 last year to 2.17 this year.
Aberdeen average formations from their last three league games are below.
Aberdeen have played 3-4-2-1 recently.
- In goals is 1 Joe Lewis
- Our very own 8 Scott Brown has been playing middle of a back three. 2 Ross McCrorie played right centre back in the last game and left centre back in the previous two games.
- 3 Jack MacKenzie played left centre back in the last game replacing 27 David Bates.
- 21 Jack Gurr played at right wing back in the last game as 16 Funso Ojo (who played there in the previous two games) was moved into the centre.
- 24 Dean Campbell played all three games at left wing back.
- Centre midfield is 15 Dylan McGeouch and 19 Lewis Ferguson with Ferguson missing out in the last game.
- 11 Ryan Hedges has been playing in the hole behind 7 Marley Watkins and 9 Christian Ramirez.
Subs used in the last three games have been Hayes, Jenks, Longstaff and McGinn and unused subs have been Woods, Emmanuel-Thomas and Samuels.
Match probabilities are; - Celtic 73% - Aberdeen 9% - a draw 18%
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️ www.CelticTrends.com https://twitter.com/Tony_McLaughlin https://www.facebook.com/CelticTrends Tony@CelticTrends.com