Hearts are 3rd in the SPFL only 2 points behind Celtic (although they have played a game more).
Below is a graph on 6 game rolling average of NP xG and NP xGA for this season for Hearts.
Their NP xG has been relatively steady but declining nonetheless however their NP xGA has been increasing alarmingly.
Their average NP xG for the season is 0.96 with 0.24 (25%) of that coming from set plays. Their NP xGA for the season is 1.22 and 0.45 (37%) of that comes from set plays..
Hearts average player positions from their last three league games are opposite.
- In goals is 1 Craig Gordon
- 4 John Souttar has played right centre back and also centre back. 15 Taylor Moore has also played at right centre back and right wing back.
- At centre back is 19 Craig Halkett
- Left centre back is 3 Stephen Kingsley
- Right wing back is 2 Michael Smith
- In centre midfield it is 6 Beni Baningime and 14 Cameron Devlin
- Left wing back is 17 Alexander Cochrane and 16 Andy Halliday
- Up front it is 3 from 18 Barrie McKay, 10 Liam Boyce, 11 Gary MacKay-Steven, 9 Benjamin Woodburn and 10 Josh Ginnelly
Subs used in the last 3 games have been Armand Gnanduillet, Peter Haring and Aaron McEneff.
Unused subs in the last 3 games have been Ross Stewart, Jamie Walker and Jamie Brandon.
In their last game versus St Mirren Kingsley was the top rated player on 9.2 and 8.56.
Hearts had 51% possession versus St Mirren and had 71% pass accuracy versus St Mirren's 65%.
Aerials 52% v 48% and tackles 67% v 65% were similarly well matched.
Also 28% of the match was played in St Mirren's defensive third and 27% in Hearts.
30% of Hearts attack came down the left hand side and 35% were down the right.
xG was 1.75 v 1.06 with Post xG being 2.12 v 0.5 with MacKay-Steven and Kingsley scoring from 0.07 and 0.06 xG chances.
MacKay-Steven had 0.59 for xG and right wing back Smith had 0.54.
Match probabilities are;
- Celtic 68%
- Hearts 11%
- a draw 21%
My prediction a 1-0 win from a goal in the 38th minute by Ralston.
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️