Preview (Ferencvaros v Celtic)
Match probabilities are 44% for Celtic, Ferencvaros 30% and 26% the draw.
Ferencvaros have lined up in many different formations this year and surprised many by playing 4 at the back in the game at Celtic Park as their previous 2 Europa League games saw them play 3 at the back.
Against Celtic their average positions were;
- In goals was 90 Denes Dibusz although 1 Adam Bogdan has been in goals the last 2 games
- Right back was American 31 Henry Wingo but 7 Somalia was right back at the weekend (and he came on as a sub at Celtic Park for Laidouni).
- Right centre back is Slovenian 25 Miha Blazic.
- Left centre back was Moroccan 3 Samy Mmaee
- Left back was Bosnia-Herzegovina born 17 Eldar Civic. Ukrainian 11 Oleksandr Zubkhov has also been used at left back this year.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 15 Adnan Kovacevic played in defence in their 2nd last league game. Hungarian 21 Endre Botka is a centre back that played against Betis but hasn't played since the game before Celtic Park. Croatian defender 23 Marijan Cabraja has also been used this year.
- Right midfield was Norwegian 16 Kristoffer Zachariassen
- Centre midfield was 19 Balint Vecsei,
- Left midfield wasTunisian 93 Aissa Laidouni
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 5 Muhamed Besic played in midfield in the 2nd last league game.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina 44 Stjepan Loncar came on for Zachariassen as a sub at Celtic Park
- Other midfielders they have used are Serbian 80 Zeljko Gavric
- Right forward was Norwegian 10 Tokmac Chol Nguen,
- Centre forward was Moroccan 8 Ryan Mmaee
- Left forward was Albanian 77 Myrto Uzuni
- Slovakian 20 Robert Mak played in the last 2 league games and came on as a sub in the Celtic Park game (for Tokmac).
- Ivory Coast 70 Franck Boli came and German 22 Marko Marin came on as subs in their last 2 league games.
- Unused subs against Celtic (not mentioned above) were Goalkeeper 61 Szabolcs Mergl, Left back 53 Dominik Csontos and 69 Right midfielder Rego Szantho.
Since Celtic Park they have drew 0-0 at home to MTK Budapest and won 2-0 away to Gyirmot.
Their ELO rating is 183 which is a lot higher than Midjtylland who are on 108 and AZ Alkmaar who are 75.
Against Leverkusen they had an xG of 1.22 and there xG was 0.88 versus Betis. Against Celtic it was 1.1. In regards to xGA it was 2.23, 1.56 and 3.76 respectively.
16% of their xG in those 3 games came from set plays and 13% of their xGA came from set plays and 10% coming from a penalty.
Leaving an open play xG and open play xGA average per game of 0.9 and 1.92.
A win tomorrow guarantees European football after Christmas and a draw or even 1-0 defeat would more than likely be good enough as well to achieve the Europa Conference League.
Our team line up is likely to see Welsh come in for Starfelt and Kyogo in for Giakoumakis and it'll be a tough call between Abada and Johnston.
With Giakoumakis on the bench it means Juranovic will be back on the penalties :)
Celtic Trends 🍀📈⚽️