Played 5 won 5
A good month for results with 5 wins out of 5 and the biggest talking point of the month is the return to 3-5-2 in those 5 games.
However we did play 5 different forward partnerships in those games; (Ajeti/Edouard, Klimala/Ajeti, Christie/Edouard, Christie/Ajeti and Elyounoussi/Ajeti). The constant selection changes was a theme in the month with 3 different back 3 selections, 3 different wing back selections and 2 different midfield selections. We never played the same starting 11 once in the month despite a change to a new formation.
In the league;
- Max points were achieved over the 4 games
- We outperformed our NP xG of 1.84 per game with Actual Goals per game of 3.25. A 1.41 positive variance.
- Our shots at goal decreased from 20.5 to 18 and our opponents shots increased to 8.5
- We lead in 81% of the minutes we played which was a massive increase from August
- Overall the negatives were our NP xG had decreased, our Opponents NP xG had increased, our shots had decreased, our opponents shots had increase and our touches in the opponents box had decreased. However on a positive note our goals per game had increased, % time of leading games had increased and maximum points were achieved.
- Our opposition was harder in our home matches (2 European chasing teams as opposed to a mid table team and a relegation facing team in August) but our away matches were easier (2 relegation facing teams as opposed to 2 mid table teams in August).
Player of the Month for September would have to be Christie with 1 goal, 4 assists, 13 shots, 12 key passes and 2 man of the matches (from 4 games).
In all games;
- Ajeti was top scorer with 3 goals in September
- Christie had the most assists with 4
- Totals for the season so far now where, in all games;
- Edouard had 5 goals, Ajeti 5, Elyounoussi 4, Christie 3, Jullien 2, Klimala 2, Forrest 2, McGregor 2, Duffy 2, Frimpong 1, Taylor 1, Ajer 1 and 1 OG.
- Christie had 5 assists, Taylor 3, Jullien 2, Elhamed 2, Ntcham 2, Elyounoussi 2, McGregor 2, Forrest 1, Jullien 1, Ajer 1, Ajeti 1, Turnbull 1 and Frimpong 1
In league games;
- Christie had the most shots at 13
- Christie had the most key passes at 12
Totals for the season so far now where, in league games;
- Christie had 33 shots at goal, Edouard 23, Forrest 17, Duffy 10, Elyounoussi 10, Ajeti 9, Frimpong 9, Jullien 8, Klimala 8, Brown 7, McGregor 7, Ajer 6, Ntcham 5, Turnbull 4, Bitton 3, Elhamed 1, and Taylor 1
- McGregor had 26 key passes, Christie 24, Brown 12, Frimpong 11, Turnbull 10, Taylor 9, Ajer 9, Ntcham 7, Forrest 6, Elhamed 5, Ajeti 4, Elyounoussi 4, Edouard 3, Bitton 3, Soro 2, Duffy 1 and Jullien 1
Man of the Matches (league only);
- Christie 2, McGregor 1 and Duffy 1
Totals for the season so far now where (league ony);
- Christie 4, Edouard 1, McGregor 1, Duffy 1 and Forrest 1
Pts per game for the season so far (league - only counting players who started);
- Ntcham and Duffy (12pts from 12), Elhamed and Ajeti (9pts from 9), Bitton (6pts from 6) and Bain and Klimala (3pts from 3) are all on 3pts per game for August and September
- Brown and McGregor (22pts from 24) are both on 2.75pts per game
- Taylor, Barkas, Ajer and Christie (19pts from 21) are on 2.71pts per game
- Frimpong (16pts from 18) is on 2.67pts per game
- Jullien, Forrest, Edouard and Elyounoussi (13pts from 15) are both on 2.6pts per game
Injuries in September;
There were 9 ever present players in September (all games);
- Duffy, Ajer
- Brown and McGregor
- Frimpong, Nchtam and Christie
- (Ntcham and Christie didn't start every game - and the ones they didn't start included league games)
- (Barkas, Duffy and Ajer were the only 3 that played the full 450 minutes of all games)
- (Klimala was an ever present for all league games in September making it 10 players ever present for league games in September)
There were 4 ever present players in August and September (all games);
- Brown and McGregor
- Ntcham and Christie
- (Ntcham and Christie didn't start every game - and the ones they didn't start including league games)
- (No players played the full 990 minutes of all games)
- (Frimpong, Ajer and Klimala were ever present for all league games making it 7 players for league games in August and September)
- Ajeti and Duffy were ever present since they signed with Duffy starting every game since he signed